Access the Shoppable tool through the Home Page of your account through the “Integrations” module or directly at https://shoppable-admin.commerce-connector.com/login
Here you have the option of create a new campaign, configure landing pages, select products, set retailer preferences, add tracking tag and more.
How to create a new campaignEach campaign is like a folder, used to store all the landing pages related the product(s) being promoted by the brand. It provides you with an overview of the landing pages created.
- Click on “+ new campaign” button
- Name your campaign (e.g. Black Friday Campaign, Summer Campaign, etc)
- Choose the country from the drop-down for which you would like to run your campaign (country options are licensed based)
- End date of campaign (optional)
- Choose the available token access key to our API
Please keep in mind that “Active” campaign status means your landing page is live while “Inactive” campaign status means your landing page is not live, the status can be changed any time.
How to Manage a Campaign
The “Campaigns” page gives a direct overview of all campaigns created by your brand, both active and inactive
- You can filter your campaigns by name, status, or country level
- By clicking on the three dots menu you can manage additional settings (e.g. edit, duplicate and deactivate the campaign, create new landing and see audit trails with allows you to track edits)
- Once the campaign is created, you can start configuring your landing page or create additional landing pages you would like to advertise for this given campaign
How to Create and Manage a Landing Page
By clicking on the name of the campaign created you will be redirected to the “Landing Pages”
- To start creating landing pages for your campaign click on the “+ New Landing Page” button
- Here you can also filter your landing pages by name, status, type or creation date
- Also manage the landing pages by clicking on the three dots menu of the desired landing page (e.g. edit, duplicate, deactivate your pages, as well as obtain a URL or script for each page)
How to Configure a Landing Page
You will be redirected to the “Configuration” page where you will choose the setup of your landing page
- Under “General” you can define the look and feel of your landing page
- Choose Landing Page Name (mandatory) used only for internal labelling
- Select language, status, brand logo and header (recommended), select background color, tracking id (nice to have for analytics data) and more
- By clicking on “Retailers” you can customize the look and feel of the “Buy Button”
- You can select a SubID (nice to have for analytics data)
- What is written on the button and colors (e.g. Buy Now, Order Here, Discover)
- What information you want to display about the retailers
- In the “Product” section you can select what product(s) will be displayed on the landing page
- Input the product name or EAN
- Add product information to be visible on landing page
You can toggle between mobile and desktop view and preview the changes being made in real time, since it's reflected in the preview on the right.
Once the landing page customization is done “Save” the changes made. Now you can add the lading page(s) to your digital media. There are two possible ways to add Shoppable Landing Pages to your digital media URL or Script
Additional Shoppable Features
- Make Shoppable Landing Pages fully compliant with your brand style guidelines. On the left-hand corner go to Settings and then choose Custom Fonts.
- Click the button on the right top “+custom font”. Add a font that you want to use in your landing pages. Select the added font in the configurator
Landing Page implementation
- Script implementation hosted by the brand domain could be a longer process depending on brand process since they need to set up the landing page and implement the script.
----- After creating your Shoppable Landing Page in the configurator click on the “Script” button to get a code snippet automatically generated
----- You can implement the script on a blank page hosted by the brand
----- Your brand can pull event data via JS callback function or GTM dataLayer object.
- URL implementation hosted by Commerce Connector (PriceSpider) is a fast solution.
----- After creating Shoppable Landing Page in the configurator click on “URL” button to get automatically generated URL
----- You can insert the URL as a linkout on the wished social media platform / touchpoint. Keep in mind some touch points / use cases might not allow a linkout that doesn’t belong to the brand e.g. Instagram shopping / Meta only allows link-out in the product catalogue that belong to the brand’s domain
----- You can add multiple UTM parameters to differentiate your campaigns with our URL or script builder. After you specify UTM parameters, copy the URL and add it to any social media campaign. More information on parameter guidelines is available under the “Help” Shoppable section in “Integration” (keep in mind that tracking parameters assigned in a Shoppable landing page URL will take precedence over tracking attributes in the script, if present)
----- Create as many URLs (used for ad trafficking) for your landing page as you’d like, with UTM parameters in the Shoppable tool. If you want to compare the performance between different channels and platforms, we recommend using precise naming parameters for each link created e.g. you want to compare 2 different channels: email vs social (and within social, the performance of Facebook vs TikTok) you would need create 3 separate links.
Third Party Tracking is supported on Shoppable Landing Pages. External tracking via Google Tag Manager (GTM) and Tealium needs to be setup through your brand’s own Google Tag Manager / Tealium account. Once done, the tracking can be added to Shoppable keeping in mind that each tracking capability has different mandatory requirements
- On the left-hand side go to Settings, then “Third-Party Tracking” to manage tracking profile(s)
- To add a new tag click “+ tracking profile”
----- For Google Tag Manager setup - name your tag, choose the country(ies), insert your Google Tag Manager Key (which is your Container ID found in your Google Tag Manager account)
------ For Tealium tag setup - name your tag, choose the country(ies), account name, profile ID and environment (which you can find in your Tealium account)
- To apply tracking profile to a landing page, select a tracking in the Landing Page Configurator and verify the Shoppable Landing page by accessing it via its URL to ensure that the required consent is displayed and data is being transmitted as expected
- You can also edit or deactivate a tracking profile the tracking overview page you can click on the 3 dots menu to edit or deactivate your tracking profile
Be sure to have full control over the Third-Party Tracking being used and aware that in certain countries user consent may be required according to local data protection regulations such as CCPA and GDPR. It’s crucial to configure third-party tracking in a compliant manner, using methods such as GTM/Tealium's consent mode, to align with the regulations of the specific target country.
Text field labels in their respective languages (e.g. delivery time, no results message, footer display text, etc) of your Shoppable Landing Pages can be customized
- By clicking on “Label” on the side panel to the left you can customize brand labels which apply to all Shoppable landing pages
- While configuration labels are adjustable directly through the landing page “Configuration” and are only applicable to the specific landing page being worked on (keep in mind configuration labels take precedence over brand labels)
- Under “Help” on the bottom left corner you will find additional documentation on Shoppable questions you might have on creating Campaigns. Once on “Help” use the tabs on top to find the answer you are looking for